QA Automation Engineer II
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people enjoy in their personal lives to the workplace. Jamf’s cloud software is the only solution of scale that automates Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV deployment, management and security. We help organizations, businesses, hospitals, schools and government agencies, connect, manage and protect Apple products without ever having to touch the device— anytime, anywhere.
We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for helping people make sense of technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We take pride in making meaningful impact for tens of thousands of customers around the globe, all the while getting to work with the best Apple infrastructure and security platform in the world. We have over 1,600 employees worldwide with offices in the U.S., Poland, Netherlands, Japan, and Australia. To learn more visit: https://www.jamf.com/careers.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. We are looking for an experienced, high performing QA Automation Engineer to join Jamf School team to help us ensure consistent, high-quality web application releases.
As a QA Automation Engineer at Jamf, you will provide expertise in the identification of areas in need of test, you will work with the delivery team to define appropriate tests and acceptance criteria, you will create and execute the necessary tests to ensure the absolute highest level of quality for Jamf products. You will have the capability to not only ensure the quality of individual features but to also identify and build the proper testing environment to ensure an end user experience free of defects. You are going to join an agile delivery team that produces and delivers new features and supports existing functionality with high quality and reliability.
- Establish an understanding of workflows that make Jamf developers and customers successful and apply that knowledge to ensure the quality of each release.
- Contribute as a fully embedded member of an agile team, working directly with software engineers, technical writers, user experience architects, product owners, and others to deliver value to our customers.
- Develop and execute test case scenarios for new or evolving features across web and macOS applications.
- Assists the development team to build and support the automation of unit, functional, integration and systems testing.
- Engage and collaborate with other QA Engineers across teams to share and define best practices related to their area(s) of expertise.
- Software development experience in the area of testing.
- Working knowledge of, or fluency in Java and/or other mainstream object-oriented programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience in using automation tools.
- Strong written and oral English language skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results-driven culture.
- Technical attitude and desire for learning about Jamf and Apple products.
- Relentless self-improvement in Quality Assurance knowledge and skills.
Nice To Have:
- General Experience with development practices like Unit Testing, Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Testing, and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with Cucumber, Gherkin Syntax, REST.
- Experience in testing native iOS, macOS applications.
- Practical knowledge of Jira and version control system.
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Our people are what make us great, and we protect our people. Jamfs across the globe receive a superior compensation and benefits package.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 38,000 global customers with the best Apple device management solution in the world.
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us.
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- We embrace all perspectives. Our employee led I&D groups encourage employees to make real, actionable differences here at Jamf.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 24 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes).
- Over 100,000 Jamf Nation users, the largest online IT community in the world.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
Are you a reliable team player and a continuous learner? Do you love contact with people, as well as you are passionate about keeping workplaces safe? Do you want to help build a healthy work environment where people can feel secured? Do you like to raise people's awareness about health & safety at workplaces? Then this might be the role for you.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it at their core to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees and our communities.